Internships at Total Performance offer an extremely hands-on experience that will help set you up for a career in the sports performance field. Internships are available each semester:
- Fall Semester: September – December
- Winter/Spring Semester: January – April
- Summer Semester: May – August
Internships positions are typically reserved for applicants working toward a degree in a field related to exercise science and interested in a career related to sports performance. This is typically a full-time internship that will garner over 600 hours of experience, but alternate arrangements can be made.
The internship begins with a two-week period of intense learning where you will be taught the principles we use in our programs. This training will include speed development, speed mechanics, agility training, plyometrics, strength training, flexibility/mobility training, sports-specific conditioning and business-related topics.
Former TPTC interns have gone on to do great things in the industry including:
- Strength & Conditioning Coach at West Virginia University
- S & C Coach at University of Pittsburgh
- College professors and instructors at several institutions
- Physical Therapists
- Technology Director at EXOS
- S & C Coach at University of Detroit Mercy
- S & C Coach at Idaho State University
- Sports Performance Coaches at several private facilities
- High School S & C Coaches
- Personal training positions at several locations
- Prosthetics school
- Graduate Assistants at several colleges
While many factors go into the process, we also do a lot of hiring at TPTC through our internship program.
To apply for an internship at Total Performance, please send a resume and letter of introduction to Jim Kielbaso at firstname.lastname@example.org several months before the semester in which you’d like to complete your internship. We typically fill internship positions 2-4 months prior to each semester.